With the realization of the need of a Catholic Girls School in Moratuwa, the foundation stone was laid in 1885 for the Convent of Our Lady of Victories by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. The school was started on the 9th March 1886 and with only nine pupils studying in the English school. Mother Mary St. Philip was appointed as the Directress.
The school has come a long way from the first day of school in a single building to over 200 of them in school blocks occupying every piece of land in the property given to the Convent at its inception.
We have progressed much in the way of the development of the school that opted to remain private at the schools take over in 1960. The school sees great progress in academic achievements, sports as well as the fine arts. The credit goes to all the dedicated Principals, Teachers and to all the students who worked hard for the betterment of the school.
The Present Principal Rev. Sr. Sujeewa Nonis was appointed as the 10th Principal in 2007. The Staff consist of 92 teachers who are dedicated to build the standard of over 2000 students of Convent of Our Lady of Victories, Moratuwa.
There is a vacancy for a Physics Teacher (Sinhala Medium). Send your application to :
Convent of Our Lady of Victories,
There is an article in the Messenger on 6th March 2016 to mark the 130th Anniversary of the school.
To view the article : Click Here